I finally managed to test Saladin version 1.0 and for me it is huge improvement over version 0.6. The new tool-bar looks cute, thanks.
Currently Saladin saves settings in "settings.dat" file in AppData ("C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Saladin\settings.dat"). I would appreciate if there is a way to save settings in program folder and thus using Saladin in portable mode. Portability can be implemented in many different ways:
- Dedicated portable version packed in archive- extract the archive, run the executable, settings automatically saved in program folder;
- Command-line parameter triggering portable mode: for example Saladin started with this parameter- "saladin.exe --portable" forces the program to save settings in program folder;
- "Portable" flag (empty file "Portable") triggers portable mode, at start Saladin checks the program directory for "Portable" flag and if available it saves settings to program folder;
- Empty sub-folder in program folder (for example- "Saladin", "Settings", "Data", etc) triggers portable mode- settings automatically saved to this sub-folder in program folder;
- Portable installation mode in addition to normal installation mode- the installer just extracts the program to a folder specified by the user and settings saved in this specified folder;
Any of these methods would be fine for me. I think that a fully portable version of Saladin would make more universal.